The Department of Science and Innovation (DSI) and the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) is offering scholarship opportunities to Interested applicants who are willing to undergo a degree program in South Africa.
The award is differed according to the course-
- Honours R75 000
- Masters R100 000
- PhD R130 000
The education bursary amount is to be allocated to the student’s university account and will be allocated on a monthly or quarterly basis by the university to the student.
Applications Deadline: September 30, 2019
Eligible Countries: International
Type: Undergraduate , Masters & Doctorate
Value Of Program: R75 000, R100 000, or R130 000
Number of Awards: Not known
Eligible Field Of Study: The participants can pursue an honour or a BTech degree program in the following fields-
- Science, engineering and technology. For example- Biotechnology and related majors, Chemistry, Computer science, Data science or ICT-related majors, Engineering and related majors, Health (biochemistry, microbiology, pharmaceutical sciences, biomedical sciences, etc.), Information systems, Mathematics/applied maths/statistics, and Physics.
- Also a master or PhD degree in the following areas-
- Aerospace, Biotechnology (biopharming, bioprocessing or biocatalysis), Composites, Health, Indigenous Knowledge Systems (IKS), Information and communications technology, Modeling, and digital sciences, Microsystems technology, Photonics, and Titanium (manufacturing elements of).
- Applicants must receive a place to study a degree program as a full-time student at any South African public university.
- Applications must possess good grades.
How To Apply: The application process has two steps-
- Enrollment at a university: The participants have to take admission in honours, BTech, master or a PhD degree program at any South African public university in the year 2020.
- Application for the Grant: After being successfully enrolled at a university, the participants are eligible to complete the Honours application or Masters or PhD application form. The form should be sent to HCD-INTERBURSARY@csir.co.za.
Visit The Scholarship Webpage For More Information