The CSC is offering a special programme of Commonwealth Scholarships to welcome the Gambia’s return to the Commonwealth in 2018. This scholarship program is provided to Interested applicants who are looking to pursue a degree program in UK.
This scholarship program is designed to enable talented and motivated individuals to gain the knowledge and skills required for sustainable development, and are aimed at those who could not otherwise afford to study in the UK.
Application Deadline: 7th June 2018
Eligible Countries: Gambia
Type: Masters & PhD
Eligibility: To apply for these scholarships, you must:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by the Gambia, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently resident in the Gambia
- Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by:
- For Master’s study, the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2018
- For PhD study, January 2019
- By October 2018, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) honours standard, or a second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree)
- For PhD study, NOT be registered for a PhD, or an MPhil leading to a PhD, at a UK university before September/October 2018
- Be unable to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship.
How To Apply: You must make your application directly to the CSC using the CSC’s application system. The CSC will not accept any applications that are not submitted via its application system.
All applications must be submitted by 23:59 (BST) on 7 June 2018 at the latest.
In your application, you must provide the following supporting documentation:
- Full transcripts detailing all your higher education qualifications (with certified translations if not in English)
- Proof that you hold eligible citizenship: a copy of your passport or birth certificate
You must provide the following supporting documentation to be received by the CSC by 23.59 (BST) on 14 June 2018:
- References from at least two individuals
- For PhD study, a supporting statement from a proposed supervisor at one or more of the UK universities named on your application form
If this documentation is not provided by the dates specified above, your application will be considered ineligible.
Apply now for a Commonwealth Master’s Scholarship
Apply now for a Commonwealth PhD Scholarship
Visit The Official Website For More Information