The Commonwealth Shared Scholarship programme is one of three Master’s programmes offered by the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission. This amazing opportunity is a golden chance for students to pursue their higher studies in the UK for free
The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the UK (CSC) provides the UK government scholarship scheme led by international development objectives. It operates within the framework of the Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan (CSFP) and offers a vivid demonstration of the UK’s enduring commitment to the Commonwealth.
Application Deadline: December 13, 2022
- The Gambia
- Papua New Guinea
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- Sri Lanka
Value Of Scholarship:
- The full tuition fee would be covered by the grant given by the CSC.
- A return airfare ticket will be provided.
- A monthly stipend of £1,236 will be provided.
- In case the students are studying in the London Metropolitan area universities, a monthly stipend of £1,516 will be given.
- A warm clothing allowance will be provided.
- The university will pay for the thesis cost if applicable. (Funded by CSC)
- A travel grant for costs related to the study will be given. The travel can be in the UK or overseas.
- The costs for the mandatory TB test will be reimbursed.
- The visa fee will be reimbursed.
- If you are a single parent or widowed or divorced, the first child allowance of £529 per month will be given. Also, £131 per month will be provided if you have a second or third child. The children must be under the age of 16.
- If you are disabled, a special disability grant will be provided after a full examination and assessment.
Number of Awards: Not Mentioned
- You must be a citizen of eligible Commonwealth countries or have been given refugee status by any of the given Commonwealth countries.
- You must be a permanent resident of a Commonwealth country.
- You must hold an honors degree with first-class grades or at least an upper second-class grade, or a lower second-class grade.
- You must have a relevant postgraduate qualification usually a master’s degree.
- You must be able to study in Uk from September 2023.
- You must not have studied or worked for one academic year in the UK or any other high-income country.
- You must not be able to study in a UK university without a Commonwealth grant.
How to Apply: Applications for Commonwealth Shared Scholarships must be made using the CSC’s online application system.