The Mastercard Foundation is offering its fellowship program to established young artists from diverse backgrounds.
Mastercard Foundation are seeking artwork that reveals your perspective and captures your vision of living and working on a continent experiencing massive change.
This program is aims to promote education and the inclusion of people in financial systems.
Application Deadline: 15th November 2017
Eligible Countries: African countries
Type: Contest, Fellowship
Number Of Awards: Not specified
Value Of Award: Selected artists will receive a licensing fee of US$1,000 for the non-exclusive right to reproduce the chosen artworks in the Foundation’s publications, for non-commercial use.
Selection Criteria: Mastercard encourages the submission of a wide range of visual art of different types suitable for reproduction. Its intention is to license selected works for reproduction as photographs in print and digital media. To be selected, the artwork must render well when photographed. The Foundation will arrange for chosen artwork to be professionally photographed if needed.
How To Apply: The following are required during application:
- The artist’s name, age, gender, country of origin, current home, language of submission
- A biography of not more than 500 words
- Clear, accurate photographs of each work, submitted as presentation-quality jpeg files (minimum 1000 pixels x 1000 pixels)
- The creation date of each work submitted, along with dimensions and materials
- One artist’s statement of not more than 500 words explaining the relation between the work(s) submitted and the submission question
- Submission text supplied in any language in which the artist feels comfortable
Send all requested material to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit The Official Website For More Information
Award Providers: Mastercard Foundation