The Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS), established by the Research Grants Council (RGC) is offering fellowship opportunities to international students who need more than three years to complete the PhD degree.
This fellowship program will be awarded to applicants who are seeking admission as new full time PhD students in the following eight institutions
- City University of Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Baptist University
- Lingnan University
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- The Hong Kong Institute of Education
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- The University of Hong Kong
Application Deadline: 1st December 2017
Offered Annually? Yes
Eligible Country: International
Number Of Fellowships: More than 230 PhD Fellowships will be awarded in the 2015/17 academic year
Value Of Fellowship: The Hong Kong PhD Fellowship provides an annual stipend of HK$240,000 (approximately US$30,000) and a conference and research-related travel allowance of HK$10,000 (approximately US$1,300) per year to each awardee for a period of up to three years.
Eligibility: To be eligible for this scholarship program, applicants must:
- demonstrate outstanding qualities of academic performance, research ability / potential, communication and interpersonal skills, and leadership abilities.
- have good academic records
How To Apply: Eligible candidates should first make an online Initial Application through the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme Electronic System (HKPFSES) to obtain an HKPFS Reference Number by 1 December 2017 at Hong Kong Time 12:00:00 before submitting applications for PhD admission to their desired universities.
Click here to get more information on application process
Visit The Scholarship Webpage for more details