As part of its Research and Capacity Building Program, the African Water Association is setting up research fellowships for young water and sanitation professionals in West Africa.
This program, funded by USAID West Africa through the AfriCap Program (WASH – African Water Association – AfWA – Capacity Building Program –AfriCap), will provide young graduate students at the graduate level (Master II) with research scholarships. Each grant, amounting to $ 1,000, will reward each selected project in accordance with the budget.
Application Deadline: 15th April, 2023.
Eligible Countries: African countries
Type: Research, Fellowship
Value of Scholarship: As part of this scholarship, the maximum amount allocated per beneficiary is 1,000 US Dollars. Sixty per cent (60%) of this amount will be paid to the recipient when the detailed plan of the research project is finalized, approved by the Research Director and received by AfWA’s Research and Capacity Building Program before the deadline. The remaining forty percent (40%) will be paid once the recipient submits the final electronic copy.
Eligibility: Candidates for the award of a scholarship shall formulate their research topics in relation to one of the themes proposed in this call for applications. They may also apply with one of the research topics proposed by one of AfWA members. To apply, applicants must fulfill the following requirements:
- Be a citizen of a sub-Saharan African country eligible for USAID funding.
- be in good standing academically with respect to their institution;
How to Apply: Submit an application file including:
- Student card or registration receipt for the current year
- Last completed degree
- Curriculum vitae (3 pages max)
- Three recommendation letters (one should be from the academic supervisor)
- Research proposal.
Applicants must submit their application electronically at the following addresses simultaneously: [email protected] and [email protected]. For any request or clarification, please send an email to [email protected].