Financial Solutions for Migrants is an accelerator for impact-driven startups developing bold solutions that have the potential to increase the financial inclusion of migrants, including refugees, and especially target women. This program is funded by the Impact-Linked Fund for Gender Inclusive Fintechs (ILF for GIF) and managed by the Impact-Linked Finance Fund. The ILF for GIF provides Impact-Linked Finance and technical assistance to fintechs to incentivize a stronger focus on gender transformative outcomes.
Application Deadline: 6th January 2023
Eligible Countries: Africa, Middle East, South Asia
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
Opportunities to network and receive mentorship from investors, strategic partners, founders, and business leaders.
Build deep connections with other founders in your track and our larger Village Capital investor and alumni network. Participate in mock board meetings with representatives from relevant institutions, corporates, and investors that can help their organization scale.
Interactive workshop weeks tailored to help their company identify early milestones and prepare them for their next round of capital (if relevant). All selected companies will receive post-program support from the Village Capital team
One-on-one coaching with an investment analyst focused on building a financial model, identifying unit economics, and on using financial metrics to drive both their business and investor diligence.
Exposure on Village Capital’s program website and other communications collateral.
Consideration for funding
All selected companies will be screened for eligibility to receive funding from the Impact-Linked Fund for Gender-Inclusive Fintec
Eligibility: To be eligible, you must;
- Must be a for-profit entity and have operations in a Sub-Saharan African / MENAT / South & Southeast Asian country
- Market-based solution that tackles the above listed challenges or has the potential to serve migrants
- Have at least a minimum viable product (MVP) and some traction under their belt. Relaxation may be made for products in development if value proposition showcased is considered strong
- Have meaningful customer or business validation (not limited to revenue, can also be successful pilot studies, number of users, and/or strategic partnerships)
- Companies with founders of diverse backgrounds and products with a focus on women migrant consumers will be preferred.
How to Apply: