The DRD – Institute of Development Research and Development is offering the DAAD merit scholarship program to Africans who wants to obtain a Masters or PhD degree at at University of the Western Cape, South Africa and Ruhr-University of Bochum, Germany.
This Scholarship program include monthly allowances of 650 Euro plus travel allowances for Master candidates and 900 Euro plus travel allowances for PhD candidates.
Eligible Field of Study:
- MA in Development Studies
- Master in Public Administration
- PhD options at the CDR
Eligible Countries: Sub-Saharan Africa
Eligibility: To be eligible for this scholarship program, applicants must:
- be Africans
- have completed their Undergraduate degree program at any recognized Institution.
- have an outstanding academic record – at least 70% of your last degree
- apply within 6 years of having completed their previous degree
- be able to study full-time at the UWC for the required period.
- provide evidence of proficiency in English, both written and spoken.
- be experienced in their field of interest.
How To Apply: Interested applicants will have to fill in an electronic application form, which can only be accessed during an open Call! The e-form can only be submitted ONCE, so please make sure that your application is complete before submitting it!!!
When using the e-form, you will have to upload the following documents:
- a letter of application, motivating your application,
- a copy of your passport
- a CV, also indicating relevant work experience as intern or as employee: Please use the europass CV form available at https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/home
- an academic transcript from your last university,
- certified copies of all academic certificates
- an academic reference and if applicable a professional reference. In case that referees want to send the reference independently, they should send it to email@example.com, indicating the applicant’s name.
- MA applicants will have to write a one page paper about 1 of the following topics (in the e-form):1 Write critical notes on how inequality can be measured. What do you regard as the causes of inequality in your country?2 What are the prospects for a successful Developmental State model in any African country of your choice?
3 What do you see as the root causes of migration? How can these be addressed?
Application Deadlines: The application deadlines are as follows:
- 31st July 2017
- 31st December 2017
Visit Scholarship Webpage For More Information