The Open Doors Russian Scholarship Program Olympiad has two tracks – for prospective Master’s and doctoral students (analogous to Ph.D.). The Olympiad is held in two rounds for the Master’s track and in three rounds for the doctoral track (analogous to Ph.D.).
The first round is a competition of portfolios, and the second round is a problem-solving challenge. The third round of the Olympiad involves the selection of a prospective research supervisor for the chosen doctoral program (analogous to Ph.D.) and an interview with him/her.
Type: Masters, PhD
Application Deadline: December 10, 2023
Value & Duration of Award: The Scholarship offers full scholarship program for Masters and PhD Students.
Eligible Countries: International Students
Host Universities: https://od.globaluni.ru/en
Eligibility: To be considered for the Open Doors Russian Scholarship Program, you must:
- The competition is open to foreign citizens and stateless persons, including compatriots living abroad, having a Bachelor’s degree or completing a Bachelor’s degree program in the year of the Olympiad final for the Master’s track and having a Master’s or Specialist’s degree for the doctoral track (analogous to PhD) in the year of the Olympiad final.
- All participants are expected to agree to the processing of personal data.
- The official languages of the Olympiad are English and Russian.
- The Olympiad is organized in Subjects, uniting several fields of Master’s studies (for the Doctoral track – several fields of doctoral studies). A Subject is a set of degree programs, having the same fundamental theoretical basis.
- The list of Subjects is published on the websites of higher education institutions – organizers of the Olympiad.
- The winners of the Olympiad, having a Bachelor’s degree are eligible to be admitted to Master’s degree programs run by Russian universities in the fields of study corresponding to the profile of the Olympiad within the quota established by the Government of the Russian Federation for foreign citizens and stateless persons (hereinafter – quota)
How To Apply:
- Participants are requested to register online in the Olympiad registration system from September 15 to December 10, 2023. It can be done from any computer with internet access. To register participants should click the “PARTICIPATE” button on the Olympiad website http://www.od.globaluni.ru After successful registration, participants gain access to their personal accounts.
- By registering, participants give their consent to the processing of personal data in accordance with the legislation of the Russian Federation.
- A participant may register and take part in the Olympiad only once (possessing a single account) during the year when the Olympiad is conducted. Any breach of this rule results in the participant’s disqualification.
- During the registration, each participant provides his/her personal data, login (which is the same as the participant’s email address) and a password. After the registration, the participant is automatically subscribed to all notifications of the Olympiad schedules and procedures.
- After the registration, the participant gets access to the information about the structure of the portfolio, the criteria for its evaluation as well as the demo versions of the tasks of the second stage.