The Food Systems Research Network for Africa (FSNet-Africa) hosted by the University of Pretoria, South Africa, is offering a one-year postdoctoral fellowship starting January 2021, with the possibility of renewal for a further 2 years, dependent on satisfactory performance.
FSNet-Africa is a partnership between the University of Pretoria, the University of Leeds (United Kingdom) and (FANRPAN) which aims to conduct research that enhances understanding of Africa food systems and identify climates-mart, nutrition-sensitive, poverty-reducing interventions in six focus countries: Ghana, Kenya, South Africa, Malawi, Tanzania and Zambia.
Application Deadline: 4th December 2020
Eligible Countries: Africa
Number of Awards: Not Specified
Value of Award: The value of the fellowship is ZAR 240,000 – ZAR 360, 000 per annum (dependent on experience) as a tax-free stipend. No benefits or travel allowances are included in the value of the fellowship.
Duration of Award: 1 year with the possibility of extension
- A PhD obtained in the past five years.
- Experience in quantitative data analysis, and in-depth knowledge of statistical analysis methods.
- Advanced proficiency in using either SPSS, R, Python or similar tools for data analysis.
- Proficiency in developing and delivering online surveys.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong IT skills, including – at minimum, advanced proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple deadlines.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to get things done and a strong “end-product” orientation.
How To Apply: Applicants should provide the following before 4 December 2020:
- A letter of application describing their suitability for the fellowship
- Certified copies of academic transcripts and evidence of having graduated with (or submitted for) the PhD degree
- A CV including any publications or research output
- An example of a written output – either an academic publication or technical report.
- The names and contact details of 3 references.
Further information can be obtained from, and applications submitted to Dr Melody Mentz-Coetzee via email at [email protected]
Visit The Official Website For More Information