Australia engages with developing countries at government, business, professional and community levels. Australia Awards Fellowships offer Australian organisations, from all sectors, the opportunity to deepen and broaden their links with leaders and professionals in developing countries. By providing opportunities for Fellows to undertake short term study and professional development in Australia, they aim to:
- strengthen partnerships and links between Australian organisations and partner organisations in developing countries, in support of Australia’s strategic development objectives; and
- increasing the capability and professional development of selected Fellows to advance priority development issues bilaterally, sub-regionally and regionally.
Application Deadline: 23 January 2023.
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Africa, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, the Caribbean and the Middle East
Number of Scholarships: Not specified
Value of Scholarship: Grant funding of up to $25,000 per Fellow is offered on a competitive basis to Australian organisations to support a range of professional development activities.
Duration of Scholarship: Not specified
Eligibility: Applications are accepted from Australian organizations only; individuals are not eligible to apply
- Applications are restricted to Australian organizations (NGOs, academic institutions, research organizations, business, industry, media, professional associations and Government agencies) that can demonstrate ongoing linkages with overseas counterpart organizations in eligible countries.
- Overseas counterpart organizations and individual fellows must be sponsored by an Australian organisation, and may not apply directly for a Fellowship. They may, however, initiate contact with an Australian organisation to explore the latter’s interest in applying for Fellowship funding.
- Prospective fellows identified by Australian organizations must be from one of the eligible countries listed above.
How to Apply: Click here to begin application process