The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) offers a limited number of scholarships to highly qualified applicants who are interested to study an EPOS program.
Application Deadline: 30th October 2022
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- Depending on academic level, monthly payments of 850 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
Under certain circumstances, DAAD Tropical Forestry scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- Monthly rent subsidy
- Monthly allowance for accompanying members of family
Duration of Award: 2 years
- Applicants must hold a university degree (at least B.Sc. or an equivalent degree) in forestry, or in a related field like agriculture, horticulture, land-use or regional planning, geography, water management/hydrology, biology, ecology, regional development or governance of natural resources. Moreover, applicants need proficiency in the English language (TOEFL 80 iTB (550 PBT, 213 CBT) or IELTS 6.0, certificate), if English is not the native language or medium of instruction during BSc (please attach an attestation to your application files). Courses start in October every year (winter term).
How to Apply: You can find the DAAD application form here and all further required documents are listed in the table below. We recommend you to submit the complete set of application documents to our students tutor ([email protected]), who will check them for completeness. In case of a complete application you will be asked by the tutor to send all documents via post to the institute (address see here).