In collaboration with the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), a limited number of scholarships are available for MSc. Agricultural Economics at the University of Hohenheim under the special initiative “Development-Related Postgraduate Courses” (EPOS).
The DAAD initiative aims at providing academically educated young professionals from developing countries with further specialized studies. The typical scholarship holder will come either from a public authority or state or private company in a developing country and as such be engaged in the planning and execution of directives and projects with emphasis on development policy.
Application Deadline: 15th December 2022
Eligible Countries: Developing countries
To be taken at (country): Germany
Type: Masters, PhD
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: DAAD scholars will receive a monthly stipend of EUR 750 over the two-year AgEcon Scholarships program period and will do a two-months intensive German language course before the program starts. The German language course is an integral part of the DAAD initiative. It takes place in the months of August and September at the Language Center of the University of Hohenheim.
- The selection for the DAAD scholarships is highly competitive. Only developing country nationals with at least four years of full-time university education and an outstanding Bachelor’s degree can apply.
- Scholarship applicants need to prove a minimum of two years of relevant professional experience. The graduation from university should not be longer than 6 years ago.
- Applicants must not have resided in Germany for longer than 15 months by the application deadline.
- Applicants must show official proof English proficiency as detailed in the admission regulations eg. IELTS academic (overall Band 6.5), TOEFL ibt (90).
How to Apply: Applications for the DAAD EPOS scholarship for MSc. Agricultural Economics consist of two parts: emailing the DAAD forms and supporting documents to [email protected]; and submitting an application for admission for the “AgEcon” program through the University of Hohenheim’s online application portal HohCampus.
Required Documents for Scholarship Applications
- DAAD Application Form, physically signed and dated
- Up-to-date CV (europass), physically signed and dated
- Motivation Letter (max 2 pages), physically signed and dated
- Employer Recommendation from current employer, on official letterhead, including information on the position and the contact details of the referee, signed and dated.
- Certificate(s) of Employment from employer(s) that prove you are currently employed and have the minimum requirement of two years of relevant employment (between completion of your Bachelor’s degree and the application deadline).
- Proof of English proficiency, as described above
- Diploma & Transcript of Records copies in original form, with certified translations into English or German (if issued in another language)
- University Entrance Qualification (UEQ) (secondary school leaving certificate) copies in original form, with certified translations into English or German (if issued in another language)
- Ranking Letter if additional proof is needed to show that the final grade of your previous degree was actually above average.
- APS Certificate (Akademische Prüfstelle) for applicants from the China and Vietnam.