The Government of Ireland is offering the Irish Aid Fellowships to interested applicants who wants to undertake Masters degrees at universities and colleges in Ireland, with further students supported for similar courses in their own region.
Application Deadline: Varying by Country
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Cambodia, Ethiopia, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Mozambique, Myanmar, Palestine, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Uganda, Vietnam, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Type: Masters Fellowship
Number Of Awards: Not Specified
Value Of Award: The scholarship award covers course fees, required flights, accommodation (for out of country study), monthly allowances, insurance and other incidental expenses. Eligible Masters programmes in Ireland commence in the period August to September each year and, depending on the course, scholarships will run for between 10 and 16 months.
Eligibility: To be eligible for this fellowship program, applicants must;
- be a citizen of one of Irish Aid’s partner countries (i.e. Ethiopia, Malawi, Mozambique, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Uganda, Vietnam and Zambia), or of Cambodia, Kenya, Liberia, Palestine, Myanmar, Rwanda or Zimbabwe.
- be resident in that country.
- have achieved the necessary academic standard to be accepted onto a Master’s degree course in a higher education institution in Ireland or within their own region.
- be able to demonstrate a strong commitment to the development of their home country.
- be able to take up the fellowship in the academic year 2018/2019.
- provide a letter of reference from their employer and a completed Employer Endorsement Form.
- have identified relevant college courses in a higher education institution in Ireland or within their own region. For study in Ireland, you must select courses from the Irish Aid Directory of Eligible Postgraduate Courses
- be applying to commence a new qualification and not be seeking funding for a course they have already commenced or which will begin before fellowship awards have been notified.
How To Apply: Interested Applicants from Tanzania should email [email protected] to request the list of courses they are eligible to apply for.
Visit The Fellowship Webpage For More Information
Award Provider: Irish Government