The Käte Hamburger Kolleg/Centre for Global Cooperation Research (KHK/GCR21) is offering fellowship opportunities to students from developing countries who are willing to undergo a research fellowship program at University Duisburg-Essen.
The Centre for Global Cooperation Research at the University of Duisburg-Essen is one of ten Käte Hamburger Kollegs sponsored by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research.
About The Fellowship: The Centre invites fellowship applications from across the humanities and social sciences (including psychology, law and economics) in relation to the first two main themes, as detailed below. Preference is for fellowships of twelve months, but shorter periods will also be considered. We particularly encourage female researchers and scholars from the Global South to apply. Applications from scholars at risk are welcome.
Fellows are expected to have:
- Personal research and publication in the Centre’s thematic areas
- A contribution to the Centre’s own publications (e.g. Global Cooperation Research Papers or Routledge Global Cooperation Series)
- Active participation in seminars and other Centre events
- Collaboration with other fellows in interdisciplinary exchange
- Work in residence at the Centre in Duisburg, Germany
- A completed PhD (for postdoctoral fellow).
Application Deadline: 19th November 2017.
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
To Be Taken At (Country): Germany
Type: Research, Fellowship
Number Of Awards: Not specified
Value Of Award:
- An intellectually stimulating and vibrant interdisciplinary learning community
- Excellent infrastructure with fully equipped offices, library facilities, and administrative support (also with finding accommodation)
- Travel expenses and funds to organize workshops (subject to approval)
- Either a monthly stipend commensurate with experience or salary reimbursement to the home institution
Duration Of Program: 12 months between March 2018 – February 2019. Please indicate in the cover letter your preferred start and end date of the fellowship.
Nationality: Applicants from global south (i.e., Africa, Latin America and the developing countries in Asia) are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- In the period March 2018-February 2019, we invite fellowship applications from across the humanities and social sciences (including psychology, law, and economics) in relation to the first two main themes, as detailed below. Preference is for fellowships of twelve months, but shorter periods will also be considered. We particularly encourage female researchers and scholars from the Global South to apply. Applications from scholars at risk are welcome.
How To Apply: Applications (in English only) should include:
- cover letter
- concise research proposal (3-5 pages)
- list of publications
- text of one relevant publication
Interested applicants are advised to Please submit applications here
Visit The Fellowship Website For More Information
Award Providers: University Duisburg-Essen