The GFZ German Research Centre for Geosciences, a national research centre for Earth sciences invites applications for it’s scholarship program which will be provided to applicants who wants to pursue a Fellowship program in Germany.
This fellowship program will support two fellowships per call, starting once a year. The fellowships will run for a maximum duration of three years. Successful candidates are expected to perform innovative projects and to identify future fields of research within the GFZ research units.
Application Deadline: 31st August 2018
Eligible Countries: International
Type: Post – Doctorate Fellowship
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- You should be a junior scientists from within or outside the GFZ, holding a PhD in Geosciences or related fields that is not older than 8 years
- Every applicant needs a GFZ section that sponsors and hosts the applicant (‘lead section’) and at least one additional co-sponsoring section
- Applications must be supported by section leaders with a reference letter
- Innovative character of research proposed
- Interdisciplinarity within a program topic or between the program topics
- You should have an excellent record (publications, preparatory work etc.)
How To Apply: Your proposal should be linked to one of the program topics within the GFZs research environment. You need at least the support of two GFZ sections ensuring interdisciplinary of your proposed research. The proposal (max. 6 pages) focusing on innovation and interdisciplinary is the core of your application. It is complemented by a CV (max. 2 pages) and letters of support of at least two section heads from GFZ.
Visit The Fellowship Program For More Information