The University of Cologne, Italy is offering a scholarship opportunity to women with family responsibilities.
The aim of the programme is to increase the career opportunities of female postdocs and junior professors with family responsibilities at the University of Cologne (UoC) by relieving them of different tasks in teaching, in the academic self-administration or by supporting them in their research (e.g. in third-party fundraising). Funds will be granted for the employment of a teaching substitute or a research assistant.
Application Deadline: 1st April 2023
Eligible Countries: International
To be Taken at: University of Cologne, Italy
Number of Awards: Not Mentioned
Value of Awards: An application is possible for one of the two following modules:
Module 1 – Teaching substitute
Funding for a teaching substitute to relieve the teaching load for 2 SWS for the winter semester 2023/2024 for. This is only possible if there is a proven teaching load and the obligations in teaching load are not entirely abrogated.
Module 2 – Research assistant
Funding for the employment of a research assistant (only SHK/WHB) up to a maximum of 27h /month
and for a duration of six months to assist in teaching, self-administration activities, or research.
- Female postdoctoral researchers and junior professors, with at least one child up to 12 years of age or else up to and including 6th grade or younger and / or with other care responsibilities are eligible to apply.
- The researchers must be employed at the University of Cologne at least until the end of the measure applied for and be in an active qualification phase.
How to Apply: The following complete documents are mandatory for the application and need to be submitted in one single PDF document:
- A cover page indicating name, first name, academic degree, institute and contact details of the applicant as well as information on the module applied for.
- A cover letter with the following information (max. 2 pages):
a. Description of the family and work situation outlining the individual burden (family care concept / family management / care responsibilities / duties in teaching, research and self-administration etc.).
b. Age of all children and birth certificate of the youngest child or plausible confirmation of the disability status or level of care or of a chronic disease (of a person).
c. Career and qualification status, which has to be proved e.g. with a timetable for the habilitation, a
confirmation about the junior research group leader status or similar, as well as naming the next career goal and the current research project. In case of an LfbA position please include a statement whether the position profile allows and enables scientific qualification / research and if you are a seconded teacher.
d. Statement about all internal funding already received by the University of Cologne (e.g. Postdoc Grant, re-entry positions, Mobility Grants, NetEx, Kids&ElderCare etc.).
e. Statement of costs for the substitute (unit and overall costs based on the specific average rates of the faculty; to be obtained from the faculty / institute; incl. one-time flat rate for travel and accommodation costs) or the planned time period for employing the research assistant.
- Scientific CV with complete list of publications with the three most important publications marked.
- Doctoral certificate.
- Information on teaching tasks (number of SWS), self-administration (proof with employment contract, Klips 2.0, confirmation of the institute or similar) and / or research activities (e.g. third party funding proposal).
- Proof of duration of employment at the University of Cologne.
- Please indicate if you are employed or associated in a DFG-funded collaborative research project (e.g. CRC).
- Informal signed declaration that all informations have been provided truthfully
Please send your application in one single PDF document in digital form to the following address: