Toronto Metropolitan University, Canada is implementing this program with the goals of building a more diverse and inclusive academe, and supporting the flourishing of Black scholarship. In particular, this program seeks to expand and advance Black scholarship and intellectual traditions, and support the academic endeavours of the Black community.
Application Deadline: April 1, 2023
Eligible Countries: International
Value of Award: Funding will be available to provide $70,000 per year to support up to two years of postdoctoral salary for four (4) Black scholars.
Number of Awards: 4
- Applicants must self-identify as Black (of African descent; for example, Africans and African heritage people from the Caribbean, Americas, Europe).
- Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada by the start of the Postdoctoral position. International applicants may apply; however, successful international applicants will require a work permit and Canadian Social Insurance Number in order to take up the postdoctoral position. Exceptional start dates may be negotiated in relation to the permit and visa process timelines.
- Applicants must be associated with a current or proposed supervisor who holds a tenured or tenure-track faculty position at TMU, and include a letter of support from the proposed supervisor.
How to Apply: Applicants must submit, through the YSGS Scholarship and Fellowship Application Portal the following materials:
- A cover letter
- A CV
- A scholarly, research and creative (SRC) activity proposal
- A letter of support from the proposed supervisor