The Department of Geography and Economic History at the Umea University is recruiting a PhD student who will be part of a research group of several other PhD students as well as senior and junior researchers who are working within the field of rural development, mobility and natural resources.
The holder of this position is expected to work within the framework of two ongoing research projects: Mobilising the rural: post-productivism and the new economy (FORMAS) and Grapes of Wrath? Global labour mobility in the wild berry industry affecting rural development in Sweden and Thailand.
Application Deadline: August 17, 2018
Eligible Countries: International
- Applicants must be proficient in both oral and written communication in English and have proven insight into research in social science.
- Applicants must have 240 ECTS-credits of higher education studies of which at least 60 should be on an advanced level (Master level), at least 90 credits must be in social and economic geography or related disciplines, and at least 30 credits must be awarded for successful thesis work in social and economic geography or related disciplines.
How To Apply: A complete application must include:
- Research proposal presenting your research ideas and how they are contributing to the current literature, including the project’s relation to the research group (no more than four pages excluding references).
- A cover letter summarizing your qualifications, scientific interests and motives for applying (max two pages)
- Diplomas of bachelor and Master level degrees
- Bachelor/Master theses work/other relevant publications
- Other merits of relevance for the position
- Contact information to two reference persons
- Application Form
Visit The Official Website For More Information