The Government of Ireland is offering scholarships to suitably qualified individuals to pursue a research program in any discipline, at eligible higher education institutions in Ireland.
The aim of the Irish Research Council Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship, hereinafter referred to as the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship, is to support suitably qualified research master’s and doctoral candidates pursuing, or intending to pursue, full-time research in any discipline.
Application Deadline: 13th October 2022
Eligible Countries: National and International
Type: Masters (by Research), PhD
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- a stipend of €16,000 per annum
- a contribution to fees, including non-EU fees, up to a maximum of €5,750 per annum
- eligible direct research expenses of €2,250 per annum
Duration of Program:
- Research master’s degree: 12 months
- Structured research master’s degree: 24 months
- Traditional doctoral degree: 36 months
- Structured doctoral degree: 48 months
- Applicants must have a first class or upper second-class honours bachelor’s, or the equivalent, degree.
- Applicants must not have had two previous unsuccessful applications to the programme, including strategic partner themes.
- Applicants must be International students
How to Apply: Potential applicants should read the 2022 Call Documents like the FAQ as well as Terms and Conditions carefully to ascertain whether or not they are eligible to apply. Indicative versions of the applicant, supervisor and referee forms are provided for information purposes only. All participants must create and submit their forms via the online system.