Are you a citizen of South Africa who want to study for a master’s degree in Sweden on a fully-funded scholarship?
We are pleased to inform that In connection with the Binational Commission agreement between Sweden and South Africa, the Swedish Institute allocates up to 10 scholarships for South African citizens attending master’s studies starting in the autumn semester 2017.
The goal is to enable the scholarship holders to play an active role in the positive development of the societies in which they live.
- To begin with, apply for up to four master’s programmes at universityadmissions.se, between 16th October 2017 – 15th January 2018.
- Then apply for an SI scholarship between 2-9 February 2018, follow the instructions below.
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible countries: South Africa
To be taken in (country): Sweden
Number of Awardees: 10
Value of Scholarship:
- Tuition fees: directly paid to the Swedish university by us
- Living expenses of SEK 9,000/month
- Travel grant of SEK 15,000 *
- Insurance against illness and accident
- Membership of the SI Network for Future Global Leaders (NFGL) – a platform to grow your network and experience, while in Sweden
- Membership of the SI Alumni Network after your scholarship period – a platform for further professional development and to stay in touch
Duration of Scholarship: The Swedish Institute Study Scholarships is intended for full-time master’s level studies of one or two years, and is only awarded for programmes starting in the autumn semester. The scholarship is granted for one academic year (two semesters) at a time. It will be extended for programmes longer than two semesters, provided that the student has passed his/her courses/credits.
Eligibility: To be eligible for this scholarship program, applicants must:
- be citizens of South AFrica
- be required to pay tuition fees to the universities, followed the steps of university admission, and will be admitted to one of the eligible master’s programs by 6th April 2018.
- have completed their undergraduate degree program
- have good academic programs
How To Apply: Interested applicants are advised to take the following steps:
1. Apply for a master’s programme at universityadmissions.se
2. Apply for SI Study Scholarships for South Africa
3. Notifications from University Admissions
Award Provider: The Swedish Institute