Canada has been a popular destination for students worldwide seeking quality education and diverse cultural experiences. Canadian universities and organizations offer several scholarships to international students. Below are the top 10 scholarships from Canada that you can apply for right now:
1. Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships: The Vanier CGS is a prestigious scholarship program awarded to outstanding doctoral students demonstrating leadership skills and a high standard of scholarly achievement. The scholarship covers tuition, living expenses, and other incidental expenses for up to three years of doctoral studies in Canada.
2. Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program: This scholarship is offered by the University of Toronto and targets international students who have demonstrated exceptional academic achievement and leadership potential. The scholarship covers tuition, books, incidental fees, and residence support.
3. The McCall MacBain Scholarship: The McCall MacBain Scholarship is a full graduate scholarship that provides students with the mentorship, interdisciplinary learning, and global community they need to accelerate their impact on the world.
4. ACI Foundation International Scholarships/Fellowships: The ACI Foundation offers several Fellowship and undergraduate Scholarship opportunities for students and E-Members. ACI Foundation Fellowships and Scholarships are awarded annually to help students with an interest in concrete achieve their educational and career goals.
5. International Special Entrance Scholarship Program at University of Winnipeg: International Special Entrance Scholarships will be automatically offered to new international students entering studies at the University of Winnipeg
6. Killam Scholarships at University of British Columbia: The University of British Columbia (UBC) in association with Izaak Walton Killam Memorial Fund for Advanced Studies is offering scholarship opportunities to interested applicants who wants to undergo a degree program at the Institution.
7. Dr Guangwei Ouyang International Education Entrance Scholarships at Douglas College: Douglas College is offering nearly $100,000 in entrance scholarships to new international students each year who have proven to be successful in their previous academic studies. Why choose Douglas College? Douglas College inspired its students to do what they love and be good at it by providing educational experiences that challenge and enlighten, and open doors to lives of passion and purpose.
8. University of Waterloo International Master’s and Doctoral Awards: The University of Waterloo offers several scholarships to international students pursuing Master’s or doctoral studies. These awards are based on academic excellence and research potential.
9. International Scholarships at Humber College: New students starting their Diploma and/or Advanced Diploma studies are eligible for consideration for an international entrance scholarship at Humber.
10. TUTOR-PHC International Awards at University of British Columbia, Canada: Transdisciplinary Understanding and Training on Research – Primary Health Care (TUTOR-PHC) is a one-year national interdisciplinary training program funded by the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) and the Canadian Health Services Research Foundation (CHSRF) with representation from the disciplines of Family Medicine, Nursing, Psychology, Epidemiology, Social Work, Sociology, Education and many others.
Canadian scholarships present an excellent opportunity for international students to pursue their academic aspirations in a welcoming and culturally diverse environment. Whether it’s through government-funded scholarships, university-specific awards, or research-focused grants, there are various options available to support international students in their pursuit of education in Canada. Aspiring scholars are encouraged to explore these scholarships, check eligibility criteria, and begin the application process early. By seizing these opportunities, international students can unlock their full potential and contribute to a brighter future through education in Canada.