The aim of the scholarship is to provide financial help to international students to study in Germany.
With over 43,000 students, the University of Duisburg-Essen (UDE) is one of the ten largest in the Federal Republic.
Application Deadline: July 17, 2017.
Scholarship Award: The UDE-Scholarship is part of the Deutschlandstipendium and awards excellent students studying at the University of Duisburg-Essen with 300 € per month for an entire academic year.
Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Type: Undergraduate and Masters
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- All students who are properly enrolled at the University of Duisburg-Essen and are within their regular course duration
- Everyone who intends to study at the University of Duisburg-Essen in the winter semester 2016/17 beginning in October (matriculation status will be checked at the beginning of the semester – matriculation at the time of application is not necessary)
- Unfortunately, PhD students or students of degree courses liable to fees (e.g. Educational Media) cannot apply for a UDE-scholarship in general.
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.
Which data is required?
- Personal data (name, address etc.)
- Information regarding other scholarships and BAföG
- Information regarding your (planned) course of studies and average grades, ECTS-points, and grade of graduation (e.g. Abitur)
- Curriculum vitae on your development (education, internships etc.) and, if applicable, on possible volunteer work (please note that you might have to enter contact information for a verification of your entries)
- Letter of motivation (2.000 characters maximum)
- Optional information on your personal background (Can be to your advantage in the selection process)
- Handing in any documents in paper form is not necessary unless we will ask you to provide documents later on during the selection process
For more information, see the scholarship webpage.