Do you desire inter-disciplinary collaboration? Would you like to join a prestigious international research team? If yes, ZiF cordially welcome you to submit an application for a Norbert Elias Fellowship at the German Center for Interdisciplinary Research in Bielefeld.
ZiF is the Institute for Advanced Study of Bielefeld University and has been fostering outstanding interdisciplinary research groups for more than 50 years.
The fellowship is part of the ZiF Research Group working on on “Internalizing Borders: The Social and Normative Consequences of the European Border Regime”, convened by PD Dr. Frank Wolff (Osnabrück), Dr. Dana Schmalz (Jena), Prof. Dr. Sabine Hess (Göttingen) and Prof. Dr. Volker M. Heins (Essen). International fellows from different disciplines will work together at ZiF from October 2023 to July 2024. The research group’s working language is English.
Application Deadline: December 22, 2022
Eligible Countries: Africa
Number of Awards: Not Specified
Value of Award;
- The ZiF offers a monthly stipend of 2400 Euro plus free accommodation at the ZiF’s campus and travel expenses.
- The ZiF will also contribute to health insurance costs.
- Fellows are very welcome to bring their families with them. The ZiF campus comprises flats from single room to family size to provide suitable accommodation.
- Fellows will also receive an additional allowance of 200 Euro per month per accompanying child.
- We will be happy to assist with finding appropriate childcare and educational facilities.
- The fellowship is directed at senior and postdoctoral researchers from African universities whose research and publications are closely linked to the research group’s topic.
- They are looking for applicants from backgrounds in social sciences, history and law who have worked in Border and Migration Studies or related research fields.
- Experience of interdisciplinary research or working experience in two or more of the above fields will be an advantage.
- Applicants should be interested in interdisciplinary collaboration and willing to engage in the activities of the research group.
- Since one of their goals is to extend our interdisciplinary networks across the African continent, we are looking especially for researchers who plan to continue their careers at African institutions.
How to Apply: To apply, please submit a CV and a letter of motivation (maximum three pages, CV excluded) describing your research and how you intend to contribute to the research group. Please
attach one or two relevant publications.
Please send you application in one PDF file to: [email protected]