Applications are invited for the DAAD PostDoc Fellowship program which is awarded to Africans who have recently obtained a PhD in Mathematics.
The purpose of the programme is to provide opportunities to postdoctoral mathematicians under the guidance of AIMS, the African Institute for Mathematical Sciences. As a self-governing non-profit trust, which is supported by several universities, AIMS offers postgraduate programmes to talented students from the African continent.
Application Deadline: 30th September 2018
Eligible Countries: Africa
Value Of Fellowships: The fellowship covers:
- A flat-rate travel allowance: The flat rate travel allowance will be specified in the letter of award
- A monthly research allowance of 100 EUR
- A monthly installment of 1000 EUR
- If a health insurance is compulsory for work and/or visa regulations DAAD will accept the costs for a standard tariff upon submission of receipt of paid invoice.
Eligibility: Applicants have to
- have completed their PhD degree not more than six years ago.
- be current or prospective teaching or research staff at a university or research institution in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- be invited by AIMS.
- preferably be nationals of an African country.
How To Apply: Applicants will be required to register online via the DAAD-Portal.
Documents to be submitted
- DAAD application form duly filled (available in the DAAD-Portal).
- Curriculum Vitae (please use the europass specimen form at http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu), including list of publications (if applicable).
- Invitation and nomination by the host institution
- Research proposal (up to 5 pages) including detailed time and work plan which must have been arranged in advance with the host researcher.
- 2 recommendation letters by academic referees.
- PhD certificate (certified as true copy of the original certificate).
- Master’s certificate (certified as true copy of the original certificate).
Visit The Fellowship Webpage For More Information