Makerere University, in partnership with the Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU) and University of Dar es Salaam (UDSM,) is offering fellowship opportunities to interested applicants who wants to pursue a fellowship program at University of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
This scholarship program is created to strengthen the capacity for education and research on climate change and REDD+ at Makerere University and University of Dar es Salaam through strengthened scientific and institutional capacity to deliver better quality education and research on REDD+
Application Deadline: 29th September 2017 at 4:00 pm.
To Be Taken At (Country): University of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Eligible Fields of Study: Interested applicants should understand that upon completion of their Coursework, their research and dissertation will dwell on either of the following themes:
1. Payment for Ecosystem Services in the context of REDD+.
2. Cost-benefit analysis of REDD+.
3. Key drivers of forest cover change.
4. Uptake of mitigation measures towards reduction of carbon emissions.
5. Carbon markets and REDD+ financing mechanism.
6. Ecosystem services, such a pollination, under REDD+.
7. Carbon sequestration and biodiversity in different ecosystems in east Africa.
8. Vegetation dynamics in a changing climate.
9. International debates/politics and their implications on REDD+.
10. Land/Forest/Carbon tenure issues in the context of REDD+.
11. Implications of economic policy on implementation of REDD+.
12. Legal and institutional framework related to REDD+.
13. Performance of previous REDD+ and allied projects.
14. Approaches for forest monitoring, measurement, reporting and verification.
15. Implications of agricultural intensification on forest conservation.
16. Reward/penalty systems on behavioural change in relation to REDD+ policy implementation
Type: Masters Fellowships
Number Of Awards: 3
Value Of Award: The fellowship will cover tuition, stipend and field costs.
Eligibility: To be eligible for this fellowship program, applicants must:
- be Staff of the University of Dar es Salaam (UDSM).
- have At least 2nd class Bachelors degree in any one of the following disciplines: natural sciences, environmental science, economics, social sciences and law.
- be Highly motivated to develop a scientific career.
- be Good scientific writing skills.
- be Good methodological background in relevant scientific disciplines.
How To Apply: interested applicants are invited to submit application by email to email@example.com 29th September 2017 at 4:00 pm.
All applicants should submit application letter, which state clearly the need for scholarship, attach CV, academic transcripts and concept note for prospective dissertation. The concept note should contain an outline of the rationale for the proposed study, a list of research questions or hypotheses, and outline of proposed methodological approach, a time schedule, and a list of expected outputs.
Visit The Official Website For More Information